Sunday, February 2, 2014

Images I enjoy

Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison, Reclamation, 2003
A few years ago I did a photo research project on this photography duo and ever since then I've been in love with their photographs.  This one in particular always grabs my attention. The most fascinating part of their images is that their older photographs use photomontage and painting techniques instead of photoshop.  The images feature an "Everyday man" doing tasks to help clean up the Earth and protect it from what mankind has ruined.  The image reminds us of our effect on nature and what we can do to protect it.  Although most of the images were done in the 2000's, the sepia effect gives them an aged look, which I find aesthetically more interesting than color photos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment